Dental implants are an amazing solution to missing teeth. Implants replace your natural tooth roots to permanently and beautifully hold new, ceramic teeth. Implants are actually a small post made of titanium, surgically placed into the bone socket replacing the root of a missing tooth. A strong and durable replacement tooth, made to match your surrounding natural teeth and blend perfectly, is then anchored in place to let you enjoy laughing with confidence, smiling comfortably, and even eating your favorite foods.
Are you a St. Louis local looking to improve your smile? Do missing teeth leave you feeling less than confident? Masterpiece Smiles provides dental implant surgery to strengthen your grin. Check below for more information on how our dental implants can work for you.
What Are Dental Implants?
Tooth loss is detrimental to your smile’s appearance and the overall health of your mouth. Without something substantial to replace the missing roots of your teeth, your facial structure can change. To prevent this from occurring, dentists implant titanium alloy screws into the jaw bone. These metallic screws take the place of missing tooth roots. Dentures or crowns are then affixed to the screws to fill in the gaps.
Dental Implant Process
These steps below are what you might expect to begin the dental implant procedure:
1. Cat scans, X-rays, and teeth impressions may be administered at your introductory appointment to check the strength of your teeth and jawbone.
2. After examination, if your jawbone is weak, a bone graft (removing bone from one area to strengthen another) is recommended. Only after the graft is healed is dental implant surgery scheduled.
3. Lastly, the dental professional will examine your bone structure and bite to determine the best placement for your implants before proceeding with surgery.
How Dental Implants Benefit You
The benefits of dental implants are multi-faceted and solve a multitude of problems caused by tooth loss. Here are ways implants help your smile beam for a lifetime:
• Implants stimulate the bone and stop bone disintegration.
• They improve bite health and can prevent bite collapse.
• Dental implants look natural and are made to withstand normal wear.
• Implants don’t require shaving of surrounding teeth, instead, they stabilize teeth and better gum health.
Advantages of Dental Implants
Some patients wonder why implants are considered one of the best solutions to restore a healthy smile. Implants produce great results for a few reasons:
1. Low-Maintenance – Implants are treated like normal teeth. Dentures can be cleaned but are soaked to reduce damage. Bridges aren’t easily cleaned, allowing food particles into crevices to further break down teeth health.
2. Durability – Bridges and dentures are replaced every 10 to 15 years. Dental implants last a lifetime.
3. Natural Appearance – Gums and bones under bridges deteriorate over time, causing the bridge to disconnect from the gum line. Because implants strengthen the bone structure, the appearance of an implant remains unchanged.
Contact our helpful Masterpiece Smiles staff today to set up an appointment. Our smile professional Dr. Frith knows how a great smile can help you reach your goals. We can help you achieve the desired look you crave and attain the healthy smile you deserve!